General Practice Pay Awards 2018/19

The pay awards have now all been formalised and are as follows:

England

The government has decided to award GP contractors a 2% pay uplift in 2018/19.  As a 1% pay uplift was implemented from 1 April 2018, it now means the remaining 1% uplift backdated to April will be implemented to give the total 2%. This takes the GMS global sum per weighted patient to £88.96.

There will be a 3% increase for trainer grant and appraisal fees income streams but only with effect from 1 October 2018.

Scotland

Independent contractor GPs will receive a 3% increase in 2018/19, compared with the 2% for GPs in England. The contractor pay increase backdated to 1 April 2018 was implemented in the October 2018 statement.

NHS Salaried doctors, working in Scotland, who earn below £80,000 are to receive a 3% increase in pay in 2018/19, which will be backdated to 1 April 2018.  Independent GPs will also receive a 3% increase in 2018/19, compared with the 2% for GPs in England.

Increases in pay for doctors earning over £80,000 will be capped at £1,600 in line with the agenda for change pay deal.

Wales

The DDRB recommendations were fully accepted in Wales with a 2% base ­increase AND an additional 2% for independent contractor GPs – totalling 4%, back dated to 1 April 2018.

Click here to return to the newsletter index.

<Jan 2019>
MTWTFSS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31

Jan 23

No events today
I have always been very pleased with the service from Dodd & Co and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to friends and colleagues.
-- Jennifer Bianchi